1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Connecting a sansamp di help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Typstor, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Typstor

Typstor

Hey all,
    I'm thinking of purchasing my first pedal and I really like the sansamp di.
    I have no idea how they're used, specifically, can I connect it to a combo amp?
    If someone has a guide to using pedals in general that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Swift713

Swift713

Stick around here and read. You'll pick up a lot. Generally pedals get plugged into the regular input of your amp if you're playing through an amp.

3. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

use an instrument cable to connect the output from your bass guitar into the input of pedal.

use another instrument cable to connect the output from the pedal into the input of the amplifier.

if you get a second (or third, etc) pedal, you can use an instrument cable to connect the output of one pedal to the input of the other pedal. re-arrange order of pedals until it sounds best.

4. Typstor

Typstor

Thanks for the help.
    Can I connect it to a cheap Cort combo amp?
    If yes, my bass is an active one, should I connect the cable that goes from the sansamp to the passive or active slot?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Yes, that will be fine. Trial both inputs (passive vs active) and use whichever interacts better. For the most part, active inputs are padded down by ~10 db or such to better "tame" what may be a too-hot signal from an active bass and / or pre-amp processor chain (pedals, etc). This does not always hold true. Feel free to experiment but remember to watch you volume levels! FWIW, the BDDI is a very nice pedal and one you can always use as you upgrade amp-wise.

Riis