Connecting rack mount rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jorel1968, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Jorel1968

Jorel1968

I've recently purchased my first rack mount rig and it's a little over my head. I have a tuner, Behringer multi effects unit and a Hartke 1000w head. I am currently juri-rigging the system to run from the front inputs, but ultimately want to connect the entire system from the back. I can't rack my brain around everything. My last setup was old 70s-80s analog with foot pedals. I'm not well versed in the ins, outs, thru's. Please, any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

2. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not familiar with all your devices, but I'm sure it'll basically not that very hard and almost the same as other devices esp rack mount ones and many TBers here will be able to help you.
    A clear photo of the back of each device might help somebody even the one not very familiar with them as me to help you better I think :)

Are they like what in my attachment?

Attached Files:

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Just be more specific with the model #'s and we can check the online manuals for specs and, subsequently, suggest a signal routing configuration to best meet your needs. Gross over-simplification: rack mount FX, tuners, etc. are best routed through your amplifier's effects send & return on the reverse. Pedals go before the input on the front.

Riis

4. Jorel1968

Jorel1968

Sorry all, new to forum posting too. I have a Behringer BTR2000 tuner, Behringer Bass V-Amp pro multi effects processor, and a Hartke LH1000 head. No pedals. Just connecting everything properly makes my head spin.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Okay, you're good to go...I took a quick glance at the manuals.
    First thing I'd do is ditch the BTR2000 tuner as the V-Amp already has one onboard. However, if you're insistent on using the BTR, here's a suggested configuration. You'll need (3) 1' T/S unbalanced cables.

*Run a cable from the Hartke's effects send to the input of the BTR tuner.

*Run the second cable from the BTR's output to the input of the V-Amp.

*Run the third cable from the V-Amp's output back to the Hartke's effects return.

You should be in business.

Riis

7. Jorel1968

Jorel1968

And plug the bass into........the head or the tuner? I like the stand alone tuner more then the one on the effects processor, it's more sensitive.

8. Zooberwerx

Plug the bass into the input on the front side of the Hartke amp. The signal will be sent via the effects send to the tuner. It is designed to accept line-level. Couple of considerations:

*I wish the Hartke offered a dedicated tuner-out on the back.

*Some tuners are tone-suckers...I cannot speak with any authority on the BTR.

Check the manual(s) for additional details on installation and application. There's a lot more going on than what we've discussed in this thread.

Riis

9. Jorel1968

Jorel1968

Thanks so much for your help.

10. Zooberwerx

You're welcome and let us know how it turns out. You've apparently put a lot of thought into this. If all turns out well, you should end up with a versatile gig-rig. Keep an eye (or ear) open for excessive background noise.

Riis