Considering this bass -- opinions please

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by BeSharp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BeSharp

BeSharp

I'm thinking about buying this bass. I haven't played DB for many years so I'm looking to get back into it after 30+ years as a pro electric player.

I want a good bass that I'll appreciate now and into the future as I gain competence again. I don't want an intro level high school student model but I don't need a concert bass either.

What do you think of this as a starter (mostly going to play jazz)?

Here's the description from CL.

This European-made upright acoustic bass is gig-ready. It has a new set of Spirocore strings and a Realist transducer, and it comes with a like-new gig bag.

This instrument has a nice, big sound played either pizzicato or arco. The bass is in great condition, with no cosmetic problems; the fingerboard was refinished at David Gage about two years ago. $1000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

If it isn't an ebony fingerboard, I would pass. I think there is a bass shop in or near Annapolis. Take it there for an evaluation before buying.

3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

4. jnel

jnel Guest

is that a crack in the heel of the neck?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BeSharp

BeSharp

Thanks guys. I'll read up on Roma basses. I appreciate the expertise. It seems like a fair price but I'll look at more info from the links you all provided.