1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Considering this bass -- opinions please

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by BeSharp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BeSharp

BeSharp Supporting Member

I'm thinking about buying this bass. I haven't played DB for many years so I'm looking to get back into it after 30+ years as a pro electric player.

I want a good bass that I'll appreciate now and into the future as I gain competence again. I don't want an intro level high school student model but I don't need a concert bass either.

What do you think of this as a starter (mostly going to play jazz)?

Here's the description from CL.

This European-made upright acoustic bass is gig-ready. It has a new set of Spirocore strings and a Realist transducer, and it comes with a like-new gig bag.

This instrument has a nice, big sound played either pizzicato or arco. The bass is in great condition, with no cosmetic problems; the fingerboard was refinished at David Gage about two years ago. $1000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

If it isn't an ebony fingerboard, I would pass. I think there is a bass shop in or near Annapolis. Take it there for an evaluation before buying.
  3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

4. jnel

jnel Guest

is that a crack in the heel of the neck?
  5. BeSharp

BeSharp Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I'll read up on Roma basses. I appreciate the expertise. It seems like a fair price but I'll look at more info from the links you all provided.