1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

contemporary christian/praise and worship tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by slappa_dat_bass, Nov 11, 2012.

1. slappa_dat_bass

slappa_dat_bass

Does anyone have any Third Day, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, etc etc etc? I can play ok by ear but id rather have a good place to start. Any help would be awesome :)

2. Bisonzone

Bisonzone

hello

i have 22 different chord sheets that i used in my church band, i have them all as pdf and doc on my computer, not sure at the moment on how to upload them here? maybe pm me if you would like, and you could either let me know how to do it (if you know haha) or we can figure a way to send them if you want them.

some are older songs, but a have a few modern ones. and a good copy of 10,000 reasons haha i love that song.

3. Cmymud

Cmymud

I would love to get a copy of those Tab :hyper: , I'm just starting out and wanting to learning to play at church.

4. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

You can find a lot of music tabs and or chords on line. There are sights dedicated to Christian Music as well. There are also some pay sights that are realitively cheap to sign up for. Maybe your church could swing that, one sight in paticular will cover you for any copyright problems.
    We have a google docs sight where we post the set list and chords each for each week. We also decided to pick 30 songs and learn those really well. Now we are adding new songs and songs that we have written ourselves.
    If you can get the key and/or chords your band is playing, you can play a recording of the song and play a long. A lot of churches are happy if you just play the root note of the chord and keep good time. Practice with a metronome really helps. If the band is playing a minor chord try playing a flatted third instead of the root note. We are bass players and a lot of bands appreciate it if we can just work with the drummer and make everyone else sound good. You don't have to play amazing runs or solos to be a good bass player.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Or you can check with the church leadership and get into your CCLI account and pull the chords/lyric sheets from them. Rarely, with the artist you mentioned, do you see a signature bassline which worship leaders may want to clone thus tabs are rarely made out by the bassist community. In the urban gospel world you will often find "chorded" songs designed for keyboard players who can't read. Since they often play alone without a band signature basslines along with chord extensions on every syllable of the lyrics are included in the chorded versions and you just have to pick the bottom out of that format

7. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Praisecharts.com has some of the songs with bass lines as well as full band charts. Not always cheap. As mentioned there are tabs out there. Some artist like Paul Baloche have songs posted on their website.

Most Churches have a ccli account to cover the license of using the songs. You can find most older and current songs on the site. Lead sheets but no bass lines. Sometimes the ccli arrangements are a little off.

Are there some specific songs you are looking for?

8. Phil413

Phil413

Try Songsterr app for ipad/iphone. theres some good bass tabs for contemporary Christian songs.

9. funkybass

funkybass

I'm planning on putting a bunch of P&W lessons on YouTube next year. I don't always play what's on the recording, so ill show how I play them. Any requests?

10. jazzonlyjazz

jazzonlyjazz

A lot of contemporary artists are easy to learn and master, dare I say.

It's stuff like Israel Houghton and those guys that get complicated.

Nearly every artist will use the same chord progression:

G C Em D
    C G Am F
    C#m A E B
    E Bmaj C#m A
    D A Bm G
    etc...etc...etc...etc...