continuous blend octave pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lz4005, Jan 8, 2014.

1. lz4005

lz4005

Is there a standalone octave pedal (that works well on bass, obs) that lets you adjust the wet/dry mix on the fly with a wah-type rocker?

Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between octave up and octave down for different songs.

I know it's relatively easy to do this with some of the more expensive rack mount stuff like Fractals, but I'm looking for something self-contained. I've researched it a lot, and haven't found anything.

For a while I thought a Whammy pedal had a mode that worked this way, but in all the demos and write ups I've seen the pedal bends the note to the target interval, rather than blending volume.
  2. Stingray5

Stingray5 Supporting Member

3. lz4005

lz4005

I want to be able to adjust the wet/dry mix with my foot while I'm playing.
    The POG2 won't do that unless I take off my shoe and fiddle with the sliders with my toe.
    I want one big rocker pedal wet/dry control.
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Line 6 M5 with an expression pedal. You can set it so that the dry and the octave down respond inversely to the exp pedal, a continuous adjustment between the two as you rock the pedal.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lz4005

lz4005

Interesting. I wonder how the octaver tracks with bass.

I was wanting a single-unit/single-function pedal, but something like that might be the only available option.
  7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Tracking is excellent, best I've found.
    The M5 has the footprint of one pedal , and if you never change the preset............. I don't know of anything that has the exp built in.
  8. lz4005

lz4005

Thanks for the info. Will it do a clean octave up?

The web site says it does clean octave down and fuzz octave up, but doesn't list a clean octave up.
  9. Denver Max

Denver Max

Does the HOG take an expression pedal?
  10. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

This thread inspired me to pull out my expression pedal and hook it up to my M 13. It worked quite well as I supposed it might in an earlier post shifting between all octave and clean, was actually kind of cool.

Line 6 has some models that will do pitch shifting which you can set to a clean octave up, but it's a separate pedal and the M5 only runs one pedal at a time.

Too bad the Zoom MS 60 B does not have an expression pedal input.
  11. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac

The way i see it, you have 3 options:

1. a suitable multi w/expression
    2. an octave pedal of your choice in the loop of a Morley FX Blender (looks like it's discontinued) or Xotic X-Blender (practice those big toe skillz!) or another looper w/expression input
    3. an octave pedal of your choice with a Tone In Progress 3rd Hand (account suspended - oh dear!)
  12. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

Another blender with expression control:
    http://www.one-control.com/mosquite-blender-expressio.html

Something like that plus an octave pedal seems like the best bet to me. A micro-pog would give you great tracking octave down and up. Leave the dry level off and use the blender for that.

Jeremy
  13. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Yes. You can make the expression pedal act as a volume, and then add or subtract the wet sound to the dry...I've done this for sure. So, this is one solution.
  14. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member