1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

control cavity cover for MIA Fender P

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by b-bottom, Jan 18, 2013.

1. b-bottom

b-bottom Supporting Member

I'm thinking about taking the pickguard off of my 04-05 MIA Fender P bass. In order to do this though I'll need a control plate similar to the one found on musicman basses.

Does anyone know where I could find a plate that would fit?
  2. bumperbass

bumperbass

Use your old pickguard and just cut off the area you need. Or get another color/style pickguard and do the same. You can get creative with the end opposite the controls.
  3. b-bottom

I thought about that but I would rather have an actual chrome plate. Just using the PG would look awkward
  4. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
  5. b-bottom

6. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

I made my own:
    [​IMG]

$8 for a door push plate and 10 minutes at the machine shop I work at. Pretty easy job. I'm probably gonna do a similar concept with my guitar so that I can move the controls around a little bit so that they aren't in my way while strumming.
  7. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

i wouldn't bother removing the pickguard, it'll look like ass.

there's a big ol' rout around the pickup, and maybe even another hole in the body under there.

still, allparts has a metal P-bass plate for the controls.