1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Controlling Pro Tools Express with iPad

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Feb 11, 2014.

1. bobbykokinos

bobbykokinos

Are there any apps out there for the iPad that will let me control Pro Tools on a computer? I'm looking for basic functions like starting/stopping play back and punching in and out, and setting pre roll and post roll for that. I saw V-Control but it doesnt really say if it can do what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?
  2. Timi

Timi

Does PT Express allow HUI controllers? If so V Control free will do what you need (but can't remember if you can set pre/post roll).

Otherwise you can get apps that allow control of the numeric section of the keyboard to control transport, this definitely won't allow setting of pre/post roll.

[​IMG]
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Also try googling: protools ipad osc
  4. stinky634

stinky634 Supporting Member

Ac7. It mimics a Mackie MCU, it's worth the money for what your looking for.
  5. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Unfortunately Pro Tools Express does not support the HUI control surface protocol for use with remote interfaces like V-Control Pro. You would have to upgrade to the full version of Pro Tools.