1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

cool read for vintage ampeg svt owners.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DrowningBrian, Mar 20, 2014.

1. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    In the 80's, I did similar to that with a V4B and 810, but I popped the ultra-hi instead of the ultra-low. Popping the ultra-low results in a pretty drastic cut at 600hz and makes it sound too bassy for me. But I'm sure that tone works for some things, though I don't have much of a use for it. If I get any more fill-in 80's rock gigs, though, it'll probably come in handy.

3. chadds

chadds

It's an article about how to eq. for a certain slice of a large field of music. Also pick specific. The SVT & P are capable of much more.

4. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

Cool story bro.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Old Fart

Old Fart

SVT tone stacks are a blast to play with partly because of the multitude of settings, but in my mind the thing that makes them so fun is that they all sound amazing. It's pretty hard to make a Precision sound bad through an SVT.

Knobs at 12:00, switches in the most neutral positions. Make small adjustments. Adjust so your bass tone knob gets you the right tones throughout its range. Sound amazing all night.

7. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

Just THINKING about Rocking a P-Bass through a Vintage Ampeg SVT excites me!! I LOVE it!!

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    LOL! Ya, not like you didn't know you can move the knobs and get another sound ;)

9. nysbob

nysbob

I've never been a fan of the ultra switches, ditto the 810 cab, but don't come near my SVT head or I'll cut you.

10. DrowningBrian

DrowningBrian

For sure man! i saw some dick bag put his beer on top of my old svt last show and i just walked over picked his beer up and threw it in the trash. the dude couldve beat the sh!t out of me, but whatever.lol. im a small dude but i didnt care thats my baby.