Coolest headstocks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bluelephant4, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Bluelephant4

Jun 10, 2012
    What basses have the best headstocks to you? I like the headstock on the bass in Austin powers xD
  2. Uhhh. I dont know what bass you are speaking of. But I dig the Fender headstock the best. Especially in black.
  3. IronLung1986

May 19, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Rickenbacker has always been my favorite headstock. Fender and musicman have some cool ones too.
  4. Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I think the ampeg bass headstocks were awesome.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Junk420

Jul 19, 2012
    Cornwall, Ontario
    I've always liked the Jackson models. Could come in handy to stab an unruly person in the neck!
  7. Ok I know I am going to get some grief here but... Jackson, best headstock for metal? Lol, sorry ;)
  8. Bluelephant4

Jun 10, 2012
    Or some of the bigger squier headstocks, like the ones on the standards
  9. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    I like the Smith headstock.
  10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

My favorites -
    • Ken Lawrence
    • Alleva Coppolo
    • Sadowsky
    Great basses also!

Dan K.
  11. The old Ibanez RD headstocks were pretty cool.
    That being said, nothing beats, in my opinion, a Fender headstock that matches the body color. :D
  12. tomnomnom91

Dec 23, 2012
    It has to be the Fender Precision headstock. Just love the massive chrome tuners.
  13. GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Ritter has a good looking shape

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Staff Member Supporting Member

15. hampulator

Feb 10, 2012
    I like my Warwick $$ the best. But someone above just remimded me of a gig way back in '89. I was playing a BC.Rich Warlock and the singer jumped on my back during the encore and I planted that sharp ass head stock right between my eyes...still got a scar there. Made for a cool bloody ending to the show though!
  16. +1 - My favorite bass would be a Ritter Jupiter 6, in Piano Finish.
  17. giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Don't ask me that... Fender all day long.
  18. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

19. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Hard as hell to think of a prettier headstock (at very least among those I've owned) than an Alembic Crown headstock (cocobolo veneer over maple and mahogany) with an inlaid gold and abalone Alembic logo (click the pic open - it's worth it):

Attached Files:

20. I've always dug the 2x2 Gibson most & the T-Bird headstock is pretty rad too. Not the pointy 2x2 Gibson like on the Grabber. I like the open book looking 2x2.
  21. im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010