1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Coral Stentor 100 help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by J_T_Heck, Dec 26, 2013.

1. J_T_Heck

J_T_Heck

Hi, First post, helping a friend. Trying to repair the amp and I have a schematic. However, the transistor numbers don't make sense. I cannot figure out what a "9138" or a "3155" really are. Anybody been down this road? I think the 3155 is bad, since it fails on a transistor tester as Si or Ge, PNP or NPN.
    The schematic shows the 3155 as PNP, and I can probably guess on acceptable parameters for the transistor specs, and finally, since the transistor was made in 1967 (mfgr date code), I'm guessing it is Germanium. So, I could hope I'm right and find something close, but it could get costly. Any ideas from the more knowledgeable folks?
    Thanks
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

3. J_T_Heck

J_T_Heck

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the specifications for the case don't make sense. The transistor I have is a TO-3 case, all metal, screws to hold it down, typical power transistor. The 2N3155 is (apparently) not that case style. The transistor I have does not even have a manufacturer, although the date code is 6722, and there is also a small 466 on it as well.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member