1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Cordes Lamberts Gut Twin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Clarkybass, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

I picked these up a couple of weeks ago (in used but very good condition) so I could A/B them against some Presto/Eurosonic Lights. However I have decided I prefer the more precise tone and feel of the Prestos, even if they don't sound so authentically gut-like as the Cordes Lamberts. I had some Cordes Lamberts before (sold them to a US-based TB'er) and didn't really get on with them but thought I'd give them a second chance (add rolling eyes emoticon)

Will sell for £70 posted UK, €90 posted EU, $120 posted to US to get you some pre-stretched, good condition strings which would be great for a predominantly slap bass setup?
  2. bigbrowndoghous

bigbrowndoghous

What diameter "G" string?
    Plain or wound "A" string?
  3. Clarkybass

Wound A. Will get back on the width of the G
  4. Clarkybass

I could only do a visual inspection with a ruler and it looks like the G is c.2mm wide. I am guessing that makes it the thinner of the two G's made by Ivan at Cordes Lambert. As stated above, the A is wound

Please note also that, having checked the postage cost, I underestimated this for the US so I have had to push up the US posted price to $120 from $110. Sorry but I would have ended up netting much less on a US sale than a non-US sale at the original price I quoted.

PS, I would also do a straight trade with a very good condition set of Presto (aka Eurosonic) Lights, so I can keep these as a backup. To be clear I would only want the Lights, not the Ultralights as I find the latter too buzzy/bouncy
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Clarkybass

Sold pending payment this evening
  7. Clarkybass

These strings are now sold and on their way to a US based TB'er

Please lock this thread, mods. Thanks!