1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Cordes Lamberts Gut Twin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Clarkybass, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

I picked these up a couple of weeks ago (in used but very good condition) so I could A/B them against some Presto/Eurosonic Lights. However I have decided I prefer the more precise tone and feel of the Prestos, even if they don't sound so authentically gut-like as the Cordes Lamberts. I had some Cordes Lamberts before (sold them to a US-based TB'er) and didn't really get on with them but thought I'd give them a second chance (add rolling eyes emoticon)

Will sell for £70 posted UK, €90 posted EU, $120 posted to US to get you some pre-stretched, good condition strings which would be great for a predominantly slap bass setup?
  2. bigbrowndoghous

bigbrowndoghous

What diameter "G" string?
    Plain or wound "A" string?
  3. Clarkybass

Wound A. Will get back on the width of the G
  4. Clarkybass

I could only do a visual inspection with a ruler and it looks like the G is c.2mm wide. I am guessing that makes it the thinner of the two G's made by Ivan at Cordes Lambert. As stated above, the A is wound

Please note also that, having checked the postage cost, I underestimated this for the US so I have had to push up the US posted price to $120 from $110. Sorry but I would have ended up netting much less on a US sale than a non-US sale at the original price I quoted.

PS, I would also do a straight trade with a very good condition set of Presto (aka Eurosonic) Lights, so I can keep these as a backup. To be clear I would only want the Lights, not the Ultralights as I find the latter too buzzy/bouncy
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Clarkybass

Sold pending payment this evening
  7. Clarkybass

These strings are now sold and on their way to a US based TB'er

Please lock this thread, mods. Thanks!