1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cort B5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BobChi, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BobChi

BobChi

Hey guys, I am a beginner bassist and I am currently playing a Bucklay by Washburn 4 string bass. I hate, it buzzes when I don't touch the strings, it only has one pickup and a volume and tone control and is basically, your beginner bass. I know this might be a bit too early for me, but I was thinking about upgrading my bass guitar. My bass teacher suggested that I get a Cort bass because the offer great price/quality ratio. I fell in love with the Cort B5-OPM. What do you think of it? Is it worth the price. Does it sound/feel good?
  2. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

I adore Corts, fantastic quality for their prices.

I have a C4 and a T34 and love them both, lovely necks and choice of tones.
  3. SamPerdisian

SamPerdisian

I have been playing the Cort B5 for a couple of years now and have recorded 2 EP's and played a load of gigs with it and it sounds and holds up great. Never falls out of tune, nice fast neck, narrow string spacing and has a really nice range of tones. I play it mainly in a death metal band in drop A but can go from that to playing Jackson 5 basslines at home and it covers it all. Buy it. You won't regret it.
  4. JustForSport

JustForSport

Possibly, your current bass needs some shielding in the cavity, or a ground wire needs to be re-soldered: could be a really simple fix.
    OTOH, just recently purchased a Cort C5P and am really impressed with the tone, flexibility of tone, balance, and quality-
    There's a reason Ibanez, Fender, Hohner, etc contracted Cort to build basses for them.
    Seems that Cort factory used the best of the mat'ls, hdwe, dimensions, etc for the models they put their name on.
    Also, they value-priced them by A, B, C designations. (Mine's an Artisan 'C' 5P- A's and B's must be even better...
    I purchased it because of the quality shown in the Ibanez and Hohner basses (which I have) that they made- as good as expected.
    Either fix what little may be the issue with your current bass, or upgrade to the Cort- can't go wrong either way.
    ---Welcome to GAS...
  5. BobChi

BobChi

So, it's worth it? I guess Corts are a bit underrated compared to other overhyped brands. Thanks for your comments. I'll go down to the music store and give it a try when I get some free time.