1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cort GB74 - Help with the controls please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by martpr72, Feb 3, 2014.

1. martpr72

martpr72

Hi

I just bought a new Cort GB74 and am completely confused about the controls...

There is the switch which I know cuts the mid tones... but I'm confused over 2 of the controls. I know the volume one (!) which isn't push/pull (although that's what their site says it is), and the bass/treble tone control.

But which one is the blend and which is the one that controls which coils are selected on the bridge pickup? I'm guessing that's the one next to the slap switch (ie. to the left of it when looking down on it when playing) as that's where the 3 way switch was on the previous model?

I'm really looking for the best tones for slap... so any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm driving myself crazy with all the combinations!

Mart
  2. grayn

grayn

I thought the controls were vol, pan, bass, mid, treble.
  3. martpr72

martpr72

Thanks Grayn. Think I was fed mis information when I bought the bass! I think I worked it out as what you said now too. :)