Cort players unite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RGMX100, Jan 25, 2014.

1. RGMX100

RGMX100

Does anyone here play a Cort bass? Mine's a GB35A I got last year.
    If you have played one, what did you think of it?
  2. grayn

grayn

3. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

I have a Cort bass that a friend of mine bought new back in the late 80's or possibly early 90's. He got it on some holiday sale for 89 bucks. It is absolutely the easiest playing bass I have ever laid my hands on. The action is super low and it has a neck that is just slightly narrower than my Ibanex GSR200 at the nut. Sadly , the sound is just so so. It has soapbar looking pup's in a P J configuration. Don't know the model (has a sticker that says CE on the back of the headstock) and says "made in Indonesia."
    The body is very close to the Ibanez GSR200 and it is very light (7.4 lbs.). I should probably change the pup's and try a decent set of strings on it but I have two other basses and they get most of the playing time. I did gig with it for a while before I got the 200 and the 200 is pretty much backup since I got a P Bass. I still use it almost daily for practice. I keep the Ibby tuned standard and the Cort tuned to Eb to cover most everything on you tube in my practice room for convienience.:bassist:
  4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

I have one of the Cort Greg Corbow signature luthite basses from several years back. I have many basses. This one falls high enough in my likings that I have gigged with it. My only complaint with it is that, since I'm a thumb player, the volume knob is located in a position that I'm constantly hitting it with my fingers as they stretch across the body while plunking with my thumb. Can be a tad annoying, but overall, it's a great cool little bass. :cool:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pbass73

pbass73

GB35J for me. Strung E-C and sounds great. A little neck dive, but new tuners will sort that.
  7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I bought a 34a a while back. It was at a great price, played great. The tone wasn't bad but the preamp would cut out randomly. I checked everything (a gazillion times.) I had to sell it as-is.
  8. RGMX100

RGMX100

I think I saw somewhere that Cort's main aim is to sell "good products at a competitive price" or something like that. Personally I think it lives up to this name very well :)