1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cost effective power options for non-boarded effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BurningSkies, Jan 24, 2014.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Hey everyone, generally speaking, I don't use any effects with my bass setup, but I do keep and use (and lend in the band) a number of pedals that I've always just used batteries for.

I recently impulse purchased a couple 'micro' pedals (a reverb and a delay) not even thinking about the fact that they don't take batteries. What are people using for a cost effective 9v adapter/distribution source these days? One Spot still the way to go? Other cheap alternatives? These lil' guys will probably sit at the PA for quick dub effects or possibly get loaned to guitar players to fill out their dub sounds.

My Space Echo is hard wired already. ;)
  2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Without a pedalboard and with no unusual power requirements, the 1spot is still the king!
  3. Jensby design

Jensby design

If you have an overdrive or fuzz pedal that sounds better with a dieing battery you can use that old cellphone charger in your junk-drawer just wire in a 2.1 mm DC power plug center negative and . . . :eek: I left my multimeter on :atoz: dead batteries
    :scowl:I'm such a nerd:crying: