Could someone Help me identify this Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BL999, Dec 16, 2013.

1. BL999

BL999

I have the opportunity to buy this Ibanez five string bass but after checking old catalogues I am yet to find one exactly the same.

The serial number is F618001. From what I've learned this indicates the bass was manufactured at the Fujigen factory in Japan, in January 1996. However there is a 'CE' sticker next to the serial number and it seems these were only placed on models manufactured from 1997 onwards.

In the Ibanez US catalogue for 1996 the SR 1305 pm had the same eq and volume control knobs and the same bridge. The neck was 5-piece Wenge and Bubinga and had a 'Custom Made' badge. The body was constructed of Padauk top/back and mahogany centre. The 1996 SR 1305 pm pictured in the catalogue is the closest match I can find to the bass in question - 96' catalogue picture here:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=221&now=15

The neck on the bass I am thinking of purchasing looks the same as the '96 SR 1305 but the serial number and 'CE' sticker seem at odds with each other and it's body is what could possibly be Padauk but it is all one wood, not the sandwiched mahogany.

I would really appreciate some assistance in identifying this bass and any comments. The parts all look genuine for the era, but seem mismatched. I have included several photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]