1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

could use some help

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by swantex250, Jan 25, 2014.

1. swantex250

swantex250

My new active Carvin 5 plays great but the older Roland amp I've had for another bass just doesn't sound right with the Carvin plugged in. I came across a Peavey Tour 700 amp however lack a good speaker (s) to finish the low end. Any suggestions??

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Budget rules over choice.

There are few cabs that don't get a whole lot more useful with a highpass filter on 5 string. Budget cabs moreso. It tightens up the flabby low end.

3. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

It could be the active circuit in your bass has too much gain for your amp. A lot of amps have a -10 or -15db pad input for active basses. Don't be afraid to twist those knobs and find the right EQ.

What Roland amp are we talking about?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

4. swantex250

swantex250

I am presently playing thru a BN 100 with the chorus,, however even my non active Fender 5 makes the thing squeak and fart down under the E. This Peavey 700 should fix that with the right cab.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swantex250

swantex250

thanks downunder,,, will take under advisement

7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

There's a review of fdeck hpf in the effects forum today.