could you please help me to identify this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FatalityX, Dec 24, 2012.

1. FatalityX

FatalityX

First of all, I'll introduce myself: my name is Ronald, I used to have a bass guitar (in fact, it was my first instrument and with it I made my first steps into the world of music) but I had to sell it due to financial problems. I've seen and entered into this website since quite long time ago but I never decided to register myself because I felt that there was nothing in what I could contribute because I did not had any instrument.
    But now, turns out that someone is offering me a bass guitar, according to the seller it supposed to be a vintage bass, from the 60's, but there's no any seal of any brand on it and I don't know if it is really a vintage bass. I was hoping to you guys help me to identify what kind of bass it is or it's brand, and if it worth to buy it.

Here you have some photos of it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it is in a pretty bad condition, but actually I don't care too much about how it looks. What do you guys think about it and what brand could it be?

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I actually speak in spanish.

2. ejmy

ejmy

I love it. Specialy de formica counter top pick gard. No shure if I would play it, but what a conversation piece.

3. bolophonic

bolophonic

No idea who made it, but I'd probably spend $20 on it and hang it on the wall.

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

First get a tetanus shot.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brianrost

brianrost Supporting Member

Yes, it is vintage. It's also extremely primitive ;) digging that adjustable bridge in particular...

Looking at the overall construction I'd guess it's either Japanese or Italian from the mid-60s during the electric guitar mfg boom sparked by the huge popularity of the Beatles.

Considering the condition I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it and only if it actually still works and happens to sound good.

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

No value in that thing.....sorry but i wouldn't even waste the $20 on it. It is a cheap very-very crude import of back in the day.

8. Crazyeelboy

Crazyeelboy Gold Supporting Member

Charge the seller €20 for your time in looking at it.

9. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Hold, on, that thing looks SWEET to me, if you clean it up a bit, see if it works, let me know. In the meantime, I'll look around on the web to see if I can find anything similar.
    I think that thing has potential to be a real looker.

10. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

I like a cheap "sleeper" bass as much as the next guy/girl, but that thing looks pretty crude, IMO.