1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Countryman Type 85 1/4" with no power

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Jack, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Jack

Jack

Hey guys,

Simple question for type 85 owners, I want the DI on my board where it will always be used to send the signal to my amp via the 1/4" output but not always to the PA via the xlr. Will the jack still send a signal to my amp even with no phantom power or will I need either phantom power or a battery to power the amp feed?

2. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

All active DI's require power (either phantom or battery pwr) - but the parallel in/output jacks still connect/work without pwr.

3. Jack

Jack

Hi Joe!

Thanks for that. Yes I know I'll be needing power to run the actual 'di' bit of the 'di box', but most of the time it will just be a i/o box of sorts connecting my pedalboard to the amp, as long as the jacks work without power then we'll be golden.

I hoped they would if they truly were just parallel jacks, but I wasn't sure if they ran through some internal circuitry in the box that would require power.

4. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hi Jack

The 85 in/output parallel jacks are truly just parallel jack and don’t require power to work - so you should be good to go.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Joe

5. Register to disable this ad