1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cover for SWR Goliath cabs - Help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dvlmusic, Jun 29, 2013.

1. dvlmusic

dvlmusic Supporting Member

Does anyone know if a slipcover for a Goliath III will fit a Goliath II?

There are II specific ones on EBay but I don't want to spend $100 - I'd rather spend the $30 or so and have the SWR logo on it but of course I want it to fit. Who wants to order something just to have it show up and not work?

:confused::confused::confused:

Anyone have any experience with this?
  2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

Cant answer specifics but you could a cover made by LeCover for less than $100. Should fit perfect.
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

4. ::::BASSIST::::

^ Super nice, but super expensive.
  5. dvlmusic

There are a few on eBay that I was looking at. The main problem is that the dimensions of the Goliath II are maybe 1/2" off from the III and I dunno if the slip cover has enough extra room to accommodate. I have to get a cover because they're covered on carpet and my cats will be s over it. I'll check out the site above
  6. ::::BASSIST::::

Yeah, you might need to get it custom made. No biggie.
  7. dvlmusic

Any other suggestions for covers? Unless I happen upon an SWR slipcover someone had kicking around their closet it looks like I'll be ordering a custom one. Who knows other custom slipcover makers?
  8. ::::BASSIST::::

Tuki, LeCover, Studio Slips... there are others but I think those are the major players.
  9. bb03

bb03

10. fenderslaper

fenderslaper

G2 is shorter than G3, has to do with the type of port. I know I've owned both. If all you are doing is protecting from a cat, it will work. If you want it to fit, well no.
  11. dvlmusic

Well, not JUST from the cats, but that has a lot to do with it. They tore through the carpet on one side of my Workingman's 12 and I haven't been known to treat my gear with kid gloves in general. I snagged a canvas, branded cover from eBay for about $35 bucks and I was hoping to find a matching one for the Goliath, but honestly anything will do.

The D2F thread was pretty convincing, so i checked out their site. I couldn't find sites for Tuki or LeCover. Studio Slips' "InstaQuote" thing gave me $110 for the same cover that D2R would for $99. I'll keep my eye on eBay in the meantime.