Cows eating grass.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

2. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Land of the free - home of the brave ...
  3. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

So let me get this straight: New law is created. Dude doesn't want to follow new law. Fashions himself into a martyr.
  5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

And by "new", we're talking more than 20 years ago, I think.:D

Edit: And it appears the land belongs to the general public through the government, not the rancher. Man, this guy is something...
  6. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

People have tons of cattle where I live they also buy the land to keep them on and put up a fence.
  7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I'm sure Alex Jones has already latched onto this story and is heralding him as a hero everywhere for freedom-lovers.
  8. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

How many laws does congress and the states enact before you are living in a country wide prison?

This is no different then if you held water rights in an area and the feds came along and told you that you no longer do. They can't just do that kind of thing here.
    This is like the California residents outside LA in the un incorporated areas. They have been living there for decades and all of a sudden code enforcement officers started visiting every resident with code complaints. SO people started fixing things but that was not good enough. Eventually the residents were being told that "well your just not going to be able to live here anymore".

Turns out there is a major highway project planned for the area that needs to see the removal of the dwellings.

And the developers don't want to pay market value on a bunch of ramshackle dumps!

If you think this is right you been drinking the Kool-aid way too long.
  9. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

More land grabs in Texas. Imagine being told you don't own the land your family owned for 100 years or more. You have a deed and your family and now you have paid all taxes on it. They tell you it's a mistake and you don't own it.

See news story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sAbiO0SThQ
  10. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

You don't own the land if you think you do try not paying taxes on it and see what happens. Also I don't see what this has to do with the original topic. These people pay for the land their cattle are on the Nevada rancher is running his around on public land(free land).
  11. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Lends new meaning to the expression "Get off of my lawn. "
  12. edpal

edpal Thread enda or defenda - makes me no neva mind. Gold Supporting Member

This isn't a land grab - the dude is letting his cattle range on the public land. The story says 500 cattle - Mr.Bundy is saving tens of thousands of $$ on feed each year. Apparently his own land cannot support that size herd - does he even OWN any land beyond his house? Cattle are not indigenous to this country, I support the Feds telling him to get his cattle off the public land. The vegetation looks pretty sparse there and the cattle are just making it into a dust bowl. The native animals like the deer and cougars that eat the deers want the food supply to themselves. I don't blame them.

Makes no difference how long Bundy or his family have been doing it, sometimes enforcement takes time.
  13. mellowinman

mellowinman Not a Clique Member Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mmmmmmm.

KOOL-AID.

[​IMG]
  14. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Most of the base of American laws derive from English Common Law.
    In colonial times and early in our countries history it was legal to graze livestock on Common Land.
    Big government has changed all that. Public land is not public, common land is not common.
    Nothing will change until people are ready.
  15. edpal

edpal Thread enda or defenda - makes me no neva mind. Gold Supporting Member

This is unfortunately not accurate. From the earliest days people on the American continent have been encourage to make claim to land. After America became a country all the unclaimed land became federal property. Federal Ownership was a key link in providing an orderly way for property to be acquired from both territories of the U.S. and from the states once admitted to the union. England has a very different situation for hundreds of years, never really analogous to the USA: large bodies of land were held by a small aristocrasty, most of whom gained title to their land after the Invasion of Normandy. Each was like a small government - they could lease, sell or otherwise transfer the land to others. That land has slowly been getting chopped up as it has been sold off. For the last few hundred years England has had very little public or common land - currently only about 2% of it's land is public use.

Most early use of 'common" land in this country was due to lack of enforcement, not legal right.
  16. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

the feds are hard-up! they are constantly searching for ways to claim land or have you pay for "new" violations. i know of several California land owners who are getting "red tagged" on structures that pre-date these new violations!:( all it takes is a few variations to current zoning regulations and you could lose. Lord help you if there's water on your property!:eek:
  17. fmoore200

fmoore200

Um.. Political thread is political
    :bag:
  18. elgecko

elgecko

19. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Shhh! Don't look at a map, just look at the title of the video.;)
  20. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.