1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Craigslist cab restoration! Bringing out the doom.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by christw, Dec 19, 2013.

1. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I was feeling a little Sunn-y about having a 300 Pro, an 18" JBL, and a 3 wheeled cab that needed tuned. With the current tuning (~55-60 Hz) I think I could hear and see it unload when I don't high pass my signal. I definitely get port chuff from the holes. It's a moderate sized box and will give me -6 dB at 45 Hz and -10 dB at 30 Hz with a 40 Hz box tuning. Rolloff is smooth and if I tune it any lower I push my -6 dB point up to 60 Hz with no significant gains.

Game plan:

-Add two 3" flared ports
    -Install speaker grill clamps
    -Install Eminence Alpha 6CBMRA on the face
    -Two inputs: LF (mono jack), Full range (stereo jack - second sleeve terminal grounds mid)

Already done:

-Strip cab
    -Install proper casters

Here's the only pic I have. More build pics on the way.

[​IMG]

2. Dave M

Dave M

DERAIL:
    Okay, what's that in front, breathing through the supertrapp? And, the SR500 must be shown -- that's an order. ;)

3. Gundecker

Gundecker

Yeah Man! That's the first thing I zoomed in on. That SR tailpiece.is that a Laverda in the foreground ?

4. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    It's a GS550 up front. Here's the SR 'cause you asked... It spent 20 years in San Diego in my uncle's garage before I brought it home for a father's day present a few years ago. Cleaned right up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dave M

Dave M

Nice. '78 model, rear disc? You know, if you ever decide to get rid of it ... ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled cab thread. :D