1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Craigslist cab restoration! Bringing out the doom.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by christw, Dec 19, 2013.

1. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I was feeling a little Sunn-y about having a 300 Pro, an 18" JBL, and a 3 wheeled cab that needed tuned. With the current tuning (~55-60 Hz) I think I could hear and see it unload when I don't high pass my signal. I definitely get port chuff from the holes. It's a moderate sized box and will give me -6 dB at 45 Hz and -10 dB at 30 Hz with a 40 Hz box tuning. Rolloff is smooth and if I tune it any lower I push my -6 dB point up to 60 Hz with no significant gains.

Game plan:

-Add two 3" flared ports
    -Install speaker grill clamps
    -Install Eminence Alpha 6CBMRA on the face
    -Two inputs: LF (mono jack), Full range (stereo jack - second sleeve terminal grounds mid)

Already done:

-Strip cab
    -Install proper casters

Here's the only pic I have. More build pics on the way.

[​IMG]
  2. Dave M

Dave M Supporting Member

DERAIL:
    Okay, what's that in front, breathing through the supertrapp? And, the SR500 must be shown -- that's an order. ;)
  3. Gundecker

Gundecker

Yeah Man! That's the first thing I zoomed in on. That SR tailpiece.is that a Laverda in the foreground ?
  4. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    It's a GS550 up front. Here's the SR 'cause you asked... It spent 20 years in San Diego in my uncle's garage before I brought it home for a father's day present a few years ago. Cleaned right up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Dave M

Dave M Supporting Member

Nice. '78 model, rear disc? You know, if you ever decide to get rid of it ... ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled cab thread. :D