Craigslist Finds!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Project7Bass, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Project7Bass

Project7Bass Supporting Member

So I was browsing the old CL and found a guybselling a 90's Ampeg SVT Classic head and Ampeg SVT Classic 410he cab USA made. He had it listed together at $999.00. Went and check the stuff out...sounded great. Offered him 850 for the whole rig and closed the deal. Seeing that the head is 4ohm/2ohm and the cab was 8ohm I took a trip to GC and traded the cab in. They gave me 210.00 for the cab and I returned a used mesa 212 I just pick up there last week to pick up a New Ampeg 410hlf 4ohm cab to match the SVT CL head. It was more than a straight deal, no more loot outa my pocket and they even threw in a small ampeg practice amp. All in all, I think I made out pretty good, but im no expert on the Ampeg stuff. Feedback is appriciated and share a your CL deal finds too! uploadfromtaptalk1356202067717.jpg

2. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Ceetainly a good deal. The amp alone is worth the $850 assuming it works well/doesn't need any repairs.

Always good to have a tech give a used tube amp the once over, especially if the guy was running it on the 8ohm cab at anything above say "medium" volume. But, if she works good, shouldn't be more than a standard bench fee to just check the bias and give her a clean bill of health.

Enjoy. One of the nicest amps ever made you have there.

3. Project7Bass

Cool thanks. He said he never really used it. The guy he bought it from used the head with an 810 in a band fron cali back in the 90s that only played a handful of gigs. But the guy said he only used it a few times. It was a bit dusty, but everthing looks to be working well and it sounds great.

4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Some of my CL finds....

400RB -- $150

800RB -- $350 with rackcase and Korg tuner.

Tubeworks Mosvalve 300 -- $200. Great amp.

Pre-Fender SWR SM400S -- $185

4 "like new" Eminence DeltaliteII 2512 drivers -- $250. Current price on parts express that day was $230...each.

2 older Celestion CR153 15/6/1 PA cabs sans woofers -- $60. Install my Black Widows, do a couple other mods and presto...nice PA cabs (and pretty good bass cabs too).

Peavey Classic400 in tweed sans tubes, again "like new" -- $350

2 Carvin PS12B bass drivers, sweet sounding speakers -- $40

Various other mics, stands, cables, raw drivers, etc.

I haven't bought anything new in at least 10 years, probably more.;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Should make a joyful noise for a very long time for you then.

7. Project7Bass

Quite the CL find list! Nice!

8. junkman

junkman

This spring I got a '09 American Standard Jazz V for $650. Its in excellent condition and I absolutely love it. I still can't believe I got the price I did.

9. Project7Bass

Thats mint!

10. LWagner

LWagner

A few months ago I got a 2003 SVT 2 pro for $550 off of craigs list. It was a 160 mile round trip to pick it up but well worth it.

11. DougBass

DougBass Supporting Member

A year ago today actually I bought an 80s Jazz Special for $200.

12. RS

RS Supporting Member

Outside of Ric 4003 I got for a reasonable price, I've never bought or seen anything decent on my local CL. One guy is trying to sell a 1997 USA Fender P deluxe for $1400 firm!

13. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

I picked up all my Sunn gear from CL. The 2000s was a pretty good find, $800ish I think, pretty dead mint except for some small faceplate scratches. Original Tung-Sol 6550s, Mullard GZ34s (or 5AR4s, I can't recall), GE 12AX7s, never been worked on inside, original 2 prong cord. My favorite amp.

14. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Your 400RB- the numbers at the lower left of the rear panel is the production date, right? I just put one on layaway at Music-Go-Round and it has 1/90 in fairly large, white numbers. Price dropped to $179, so I'm OK with that.

15. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    That would be January 1990. And that's a nice price.

16. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

I got a '71 Ampeg SVT Blueline for $600. I was shaking from excitement when I handed the money over and took her home!

You got a great deal as well!

17. Project7Bass

Got to love CL! Tough to find legit deals but when you do they are gold.

18. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    We have such a CL market here i've been able to find anything I've ever needed. If I were a rich man, I'd have warehouses full of CL gear and be broke. But, now, it's just a roomfull. The broke part still carries through though.:D

I've also aquired, and disposed of, 3 organs for free, and wouldn't mind a 4th, although they take up a lot of real estate, are hard to move, and I can't play them well at all.:D

19. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Considering what they offered for my amp vs what I have seen them sell for lately on ebay, I would like to have been outside that store when the precious owner walked in. They offered about 1/2 of the last selling price I saw and mine has a footswitch- something I haven't seen on ANY other GK amps of that model.

I put up a Craig's List ad w/photos for my 400GT- it would be interesting to hear from the guy who I think owned it before and I haven't seen him in about 20+ years. Killer guitar player.

I'm looking forward to taking the 400RB home and trying it out.

20. Honkycat

Honkycat

Good deal on the SVT op...!!...A few months back I got a smokin deal on an SVT CL...Unfortunately,the second time I turned it on,the faulty light started blinking and I had to replace 3 tubes in it.I did not have a problem reselling it,but at the end of the day,I came out of the deal - $70.

21. shoot-r

shoot-r

Just yesterday I called about a very good condition, 70's, Fender Bassman 10 that was up for sale for $125.00 on the Southern Illinois C.L.

I called just as the guy "that bought it" was loading it into his car.....:crying: