1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Craigslist Help! (SWR 2x12)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by m0ranwad, Feb 17, 2013.

1. m0ranwad

m0ranwad

I've been a bedroom jammer for a year now (DI into my laptop), and I'm finally shopping for a head and cab. I've read through PLENTY of threads, so I know that some of you feel pretty strong about getting something good off the bat.

Anyway, I have a ridiculously low budget of $300-400. Should only be playing small bar gigs.

Could I get by with an SWR 2x12? Should I be worried that it looks pretty beat up?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/3613773348.html

It's an 8 ohm cab, he's willing to sell for $150.

Any advice would be appreciated. Talk me out of it if necessary,
  2. MIMike

MIMike

I have a SWR Bigfoot and love it. It's all I need to do most any gig. Go play through it and make sure the speakers sound in good shape. The cabinet you can always refurbish as long as it's structurally sound. I'm in the middle of a refurb on mine right now.
  3. DougBass

DougBass Supporting Member

I play through an SWR Silverado and a 2x12 big foot also and I love mine. I have also used a TC head through mine and it sounds great. If I saw this in my local CL for $150 I'd own it.
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Forget about the looks. If it's structurally solid and the speakers work....get it.

And yes, it'll hang in any small bar gig, and carry stage volume in bigger stuff, where you have a line to the PA.
  5. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain

If that was near me, I'd add it to my current Bigfoot. Love the sound these produce.
  6. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    That should be plenty. I use a GK 212 with no problems. I like SWR Cabs too.