1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Craigslist - not always bad...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Road Hat, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Road Hat

Road Hat Supporting Member

I answered an CL ad for an original mint condition Bass Balls pedal, and ended up with some seriously cool swag. The seller was formerly associated with BP magazine, and he was cleaning out his collection.

The magazines pictured are completely unmolested. The GP mag cover pages for Jaco, Stanley, and Billy started the trend. The Geddy mag was a one-off, as was the second performance mag. Last but not least is the first "real" issue of Bass Player mag.

Oh, and in addition to the Bass Balls I picked up a Modulus Graphite messenger-style gig bag, Thomas Organ model wah pedal, a TC Electronics Sustain + Parametric with power supply, and the Bass Player 5th Anniversary CD and VHS tape. Also scored a 10' Alesandro instrument cable, as well as eight ten-inch Mogami patch cables (already on my pedal board). Lastly, a set of Charlie Stringer Billy Sheehan model strings and a promotional copy of Mr. Big's first CD. All in all, my best CL score so far!

[​IMG]
  2. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Nice score!
    There are some great deals on CL if you check frequently and are lucky enough to be the first to reach the seller. I just picked up a late 80's Ampeg Portaflex amp/cabinet for $150 of CL. Last year I bought a GK 1001RBII head for $250!
  3. Megas3300

Megas3300

CL can be good if your diligent, My $280 Markbass LMiii says so.