1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Craigslist vent....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Runnerman, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

3 times in the past week I have responded to CL ads. One time the guy texted me back and thought I was someone else then told me it was sold. The other two ....no response whatsoever.

It's just plain friggin ridiculous. By the way all three ads were fresh...same day...not dated at all. I honestly haven't had a good CL transaction as a buyer for about a year. Getting sick of it.
  2. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Tell me about it... I've had that a lot.

And on the other side....Its as bad trying to sell things. I can't tell you how many times people have flaked out. And that's after they made an appointment and everything. Yes, they'll show up tomorrow at 6, great. And so you make sure youre not going anywhere. And then...then you wait until 7 but they never show up. And sometimes you never hear from them ever again. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? First of all its disrespectful, and second, do you have attention deficit disorder? You want something one day and don't care at all about it the day after? When i want something, i want something. If i say i'm buying it, i am. If i say i'm gonna go and check it out, i do. Be serious.

Putting ads on either CL or Kijiji is so frustrating. And then that's without mentioning the people who just want to trade you things that aren't even of equal value. Its like look i know the value of the bass i'm selling, i say 350$ and that's what it is and then the guy is trying to trade me two things worth 220$ total? sorry i'm not into getting screwed. If eel the same too about people making ridiculous offers. I sell 350, you want to try at 300, ok sure. But don't write to me and say "i'll buy it for 200". Yeah you will, but i'm not gonna be selling it to you. I even gave him an opportunity to bargain and said i'd go down to 300$. You'd think he'd have tried for 250 so i coud have said 275. But no. He wasn't gonna bargain. He just expected me to want to let go of 150$
  3. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Yes selling also has its challenges as well. CL seems to attract a large number of douchebags period.