1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Crate 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DerTeufel, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

I'm looking for some information on a 410 cabinet that is for sale near me. It is a Crate BX410E. I play a Yamaha BB425X and use a GK MBF500. Currently I use either a Seismic 210 or a 215. They sound ok, but I know that there is better. I understand that the cabinet is made by SLM. Beyond that, I don't know much. I did pm a TB member that used to have one, and he gave me some input, but I would like to get more info.

Weight? Is it similar to an Ampeg 410 and which one? Is it durable? How does it sound with a 5 string?

2. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

I had an 8x10 about 15 years ago. Sounded good, loud, and I hear they are a diamond in the rough.

Maybe 80 lbs f or a 4x10

3. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Had one some time ago it is a ok sounding ported cabinet ... just low wattage drivers .... tweeter is kinda harsh and brittle sounding ..... Heavy cabinet made out of mdf

4. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Heh..I already have that with the Seismic cabs. Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Supporting Member

I wouldn't go Crate. If you like how it sounds, fine - but I'd assume it's not worth overmuch.