Crate Limo, and Bass Bus Portable amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pierce, Jul 16, 2005.

1. pierce

pierce freethinker

Anyone had any experience with these as of late. i am considering getting one to keep up with an acoustic guitar, and very small kit, and a unamplified singer. this will serve us for doing IMPROMPTU street and park gig's.

also, i am considering the options b/n the limo (TX50DBE), and the Bass Bus (TXB50). they are essentially the same models, but the limo is more of a PA, and the bus is more basscentric.

Im thinking of doing the limo, as it provides more flexibility with 2 channels, and hi-loz mic inputs, and speaker range (podcasting). it hass less DSP effects, but i really dont use that many effects. does anyone have any opinions as to why this may or may not be a better choice than the bass bus.

here are the links:

limo

bus
  2. pierce

pierce freethinker

ok, its been a year..

anybody developed an opinion of these yet?

:)
  3. Bass Boy

Bass Boy

No. But I dig your URL of the moment. Palast is the man!
  4. Babbit

Babbit

I've got a TXB50 coming, so I'll let you know when it arrives in about a week. I had a heck of a time locating one as everyone seems to favor carrying the new TX50DBE. I chose the TXB50 for bass based on specs. The TXB50 has a single 10" with a 2" voice coil and 30oz magnet. The TX50DBE's 10" is a 16oz manget with a 1.5" voice coil and (real useful?) 2" piezo tweeter.

I've read all the hubbub about the PBJ Briefcase, but one of my intentions is to use this outdoor (with a gelpak or motorcycle battery), like on Saturdays outside the Shibuya train station in Tokyo where a lot of the local talent gathers to perform (unless it's raining... ^_^ )
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pierce

pierce freethinker

so why would a lighter magnet and tweeter sway your decision? (no sarcasm intended, just curious as to your thought process.)

yeah, i realize the bass bus would be better suited to the bass, but i was thinking a limo would be more versatile in case you had to use it for vocals, music feed, or as a loudspeaker. i also cant find a shop (even in san francisco) that has a bass bus and a limo so that i can a/b them.

when it comes in, let me know how it works for you. i think a review would be great. (an a/b against a limo would be cool too :D )
  7. ERIC31

ERIC31

I've watched a bunch of bands performing there over at youtube. That looks like a lot of fun. I love to play outdoors so getting one of those amps would be a great idea. :hyper:
  8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

WOW,

awesome little busking amps! thanks for the heads up.
  9. pierce

pierce freethinker

definitely post a review as soon as you can (if you have time). i believe these cabs have been discontinued.