1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Crate Limo, and Bass Bus Portable amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pierce, Jul 16, 2005.

1. pierce

pierce freethinker

Anyone had any experience with these as of late. i am considering getting one to keep up with an acoustic guitar, and very small kit, and a unamplified singer. this will serve us for doing IMPROMPTU street and park gig's.

also, i am considering the options b/n the limo (TX50DBE), and the Bass Bus (TXB50). they are essentially the same models, but the limo is more of a PA, and the bus is more basscentric.

Im thinking of doing the limo, as it provides more flexibility with 2 channels, and hi-loz mic inputs, and speaker range (podcasting). it hass less DSP effects, but i really dont use that many effects. does anyone have any opinions as to why this may or may not be a better choice than the bass bus.

here are the links:

limo

bus
  2. pierce

pierce freethinker

ok, its been a year..

anybody developed an opinion of these yet?

:)
  3. Bass Boy

Bass Boy

No. But I dig your URL of the moment. Palast is the man!
  4. Babbit

Babbit

I've got a TXB50 coming, so I'll let you know when it arrives in about a week. I had a heck of a time locating one as everyone seems to favor carrying the new TX50DBE. I chose the TXB50 for bass based on specs. The TXB50 has a single 10" with a 2" voice coil and 30oz magnet. The TX50DBE's 10" is a 16oz manget with a 1.5" voice coil and (real useful?) 2" piezo tweeter.

I've read all the hubbub about the PBJ Briefcase, but one of my intentions is to use this outdoor (with a gelpak or motorcycle battery), like on Saturdays outside the Shibuya train station in Tokyo where a lot of the local talent gathers to perform (unless it's raining... ^_^ )
  5. pierce

pierce freethinker

so why would a lighter magnet and tweeter sway your decision? (no sarcasm intended, just curious as to your thought process.)

yeah, i realize the bass bus would be better suited to the bass, but i was thinking a limo would be more versatile in case you had to use it for vocals, music feed, or as a loudspeaker. i also cant find a shop (even in san francisco) that has a bass bus and a limo so that i can a/b them.

when it comes in, let me know how it works for you. i think a review would be great. (an a/b against a limo would be cool too :D )
  6. ERIC31

ERIC31

I've watched a bunch of bands performing there over at youtube. That looks like a lot of fun. I love to play outdoors so getting one of those amps would be a great idea. :hyper:
  7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

WOW,

awesome little busking amps! thanks for the heads up.
  8. pierce

pierce freethinker

definitely post a review as soon as you can (if you have time). i believe these cabs have been discontinued.