1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Crazy-awesome parts bass - Jazz, G&L, Gibson - priced right!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Here's a crazy-awesome parts bass I built. This thing sounds great and plays great. It's wired like a jazz bass (V/V/T) with Gibson humbuckers from a 90s Les Paul, and an early vintage G&L neck. Bridge is a nice solid no-name, body is also unknown.

I've had the neck for nearly 20 years. It's stable and plays great. Has the original Schaller (pre-G&L stamp) tuners, but had been sanded down long before I got it to fit a standard Fender pocket.

Weighs 9.25 lbs and measures 1 11/16" at the nut.

I don't want to part this out because, as it stands, it's just way too cool. It could use a better fitting pick guard. I'll see if I can find some knobs around the barn, too.

Ships in a crappy gig bag.

Thinking [DEL]$400[/DEL] $350 shipped in the Lower 48? If that's too much, make me an offer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BTW, the back looks fine, all that stuff that looks like it got attacked with a white paintbrush is just reflection….
  2. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

That is crazy-awesome! It's crawsome!
  3. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

Damn, man. That's a player!!

If I may ask a stupid question (There are no stupid questions...) what's this weird beast sound like??

Oh yeah: BUMP for a great guy to deal with!
  4. unclebass

unclebass

That thing has character! If it had a case and wasn't black, I'd make an offer. GLWTS BUMP...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dukeplaysbass

It's got a most of that LesPaul/Thunderbird thunder, but not quite as overpowering (I'm guessing due to the bolt-on rather than set neck). It's also ergonomically a far easier player than anything Gibson makes, imo.
  7. dukeplaysbass

8. dukeplaysbass