1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cream "Strange Brew" dots

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by SturmUndDrang, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Jack played this bass line on Lawdy Mama version 2. first. I guess he was upset about the way Felix Pappalardi put it in his new arrangement for Strange Brew. He thought it didn't work for the new tune but I think it sounds fine. On the second page of my transcription where Clapton starts his guitar solo, Jack pulls of some hefty whole tone bends. This is done best by bending up to E from the 10th fret of the E string. Another bend up to D from the 8th fret of the E string and releasing back to C. One more bend up to A from the 10th fret of the A string and releasing back to G. A short scale bass helps pull this off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. THE SAW

THE SAW

Nice work-I've got my own that I did about 25 years ago from DG.

In regards to folks learning to read, transcribe and develop their ears while learning great music, Jack Bruce's work is fun and relatively simple.

BTW-"simple" does not mean "easy!"