Crest Audio Pro-LITE amp MINOR Q???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 18eranaRic, Jul 3, 2013.

1. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic

What do you guys think about this statement or can you point me to the right thread? "emphasis on mission-critical components like extra-large capacitors and inductors that optimize 2-ohm operation". im looking for a special application thing and thees might come in handy, what can you tell me about the quality or their performance compared to the sag of a tube rectifier? (when they're all the way up)
  2. seamonkey

seamonkey

You can use modeling to recreate sag if that's what you want.
    And turn it off when you don't want sag.
  3. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic

it just has to drag really hard to do what im tryn to do on my ric. drag, then punch really hard, but ive never heard of that being modeled. drop a link of something! what about the "capacitors being larger" claim they make? have an opinion?
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Power supply capacitance is there to insure the amp does not sag, but has the juice in reserve to faithfully reproduce high demand stuff, like huge low frequency bass tones or double-kicks on the bass drum.

PA style poweramps like that aren't supposed to have a flavor or "sag", just faithfully, accurately reproduce what they're being fed. It would be a good solution for the subwoofer part of your rig. Not what you're looking for in the mids & highs, unless you go the modeling, or pedal route to get all that stuff and don't want the amplifier to add anything of it's own.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic

^ thanks for the answer. what is the perfect SS amp then to get the 76 era arena rock tone out of four 810e in a wall with the folded subs and a soldano stack? i need the most punch on the attack and smooth delivery of the 6550 in ss rack mount amps to run my alembic pre outs/ built in crossover high out to soldano, then lows out to another crossover and SS amps for the 810s and folded subs. i want the 10" wall to have super low drag and a mid pop like the 300w fender or svt as far as tone goes... if the amps are supposed to have coloration or whatevr.
  7. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic

this thing has to sound like a shuttle blasting off to space, shatter the bass while feeding back, and i want it drenched in harmonics...is this even possible with SS mega watts? i especially want low harmonics for the wind they throw into the strings.

its got to feel spongy and vintage and then feel like the wood is stinging in my hands as soon as i fret. got to feel like a punch in a pillow fight when you get smacked in the face.
  8. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic

its got to feel like there's not enough power even though there's several thousand. its got to feel like a blast off!