Critique my Oscar Peterson transcription!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mpcbassman, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mpcbassman

Mpcbassman

2. Mpcbassman

Mpcbassman

3. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

There's just not too much to critique. It sounded dead on for almost the entire solo. When you come out of the quarter-note triplets around the :24 mark, there is a missed note, but I don't know if that's your transcription or just a little flub. There are a couple of other things like that, but they're so minor that they're not worth worrying about. And overall your technique is very good. You've got some nice chops!

Great job on the transcription and performance.

4. onosson

onosson

Sounded great!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mpcbassman

Mpcbassman

Thank you!

Around the :24 mark, are you talking about the A of the Dm7 arpeggio that I accidentally plucked too hard right before the triplets? Or the D-Eb slurrish type thing? (I have no idea how to talk about the way Oscar articulates it, I envision those two notes as dominos sliding into each other….if that makes sense) If it's the latter, I definitely hit it----I just didn't bring out the D enough. I might want to reconsider the use of a slide there in that case.

Or am I just not hearing a note?

I'm wary of posting my pdf of the transcription, if you like I can PM it to you

7. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Yes, that's it. Now that you've explained what you are trying to do, it makes more sense to me. It sounds like something similar might be happening at :44.

Sure, I'd love to see what you have. And I can always use more music for myself! :bassist: