1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cross Generational Dance Songs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bwardmusic, Dec 8, 2013.

1. bwardmusic

bwardmusic

I'm looking for some cross-generational dance songs. Songs that were hits as much as 40 years ago but which have been redone by more modern groups (and were wildly popular) in the last 5-10 years. The more recent they were redone, the better. This is for the DJ portion of a show we are doing, so they can be recordings with no concern about instrumentation; the band will not play them live, we will only play them for the audience (office party, a big one, with a wide range of ages attending).

I need dance songs (upbeat) and slow songs.

I have a few examples.

Upbeat Songs

I'm a Believer (Monkees did it first, Smashmouth did it in 2001, remake is a bit old , but in the ballpark)

Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Motown classic, redone by Michael McDonald)

Slow Songs

????
  2. bigboy_78

bigboy_78 Supporting Member

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I've never seen any age group fail to get up and dance when the band plays One O'Clock Jump.
  4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Let's Groove by Earth Wind and Fire. Watch grandma dance with the best man.