1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Crown Microtech 1200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mrcircle, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Hey all,

I turned 63 this year and am selling a lot of the stuff I used to use for the big live gigs I don't play any more. I know people have argued endlessly about this in these forums, but I still believe the big iron transformers hit with more authority than the new lightweight digital amps. And I think the Crown Macro/Micro series were really the kings. I owned both this and a Crest CA6 concurrently and ended up selling the Crest because this amp sounded noticeably smoother and warmer to me. Sadly, I just don't need this kind of firepower for the gigs I'm doing now.

I had the factory go through it a while back, just to make sure everything was up to spec, but I honestly haven't played through it much since then. It's always been racked, just as you see it in the photos, so it's in great shape all around. (Rack is not included but for sale separately.)

Here are the relevant specs:

Stereo @ 2 Ohms = 675W/Ch
    Stereo @ 4 Ohms = 480W/Ch
    Stereo @ 8 Ohms = 310W/Ch
    Bridged Mono @ 4 Ohms = 1,300W
    Bridged Mono @ 8 Ohms = 970W
    Weight = 41 lbs.

The amp will be carefully packed in a heavy duty shipping carton purchased from Crown that is specifically designed for this amp.

$285 shipped to the CONUS. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks,
    Michael

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Ill take it!!!!!!!
  3. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Rating - 100%