1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cuban Bassist Feliciano Arango in SoCal

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kdel, Feb 2, 2014.

1. kdel

kdel

master Cuban bassist Feliciano Arango will be appearing with his talented family Los Hermanos Arango in San Diego and the Los Angeles area this month. Feliciano was a tremendously influential bassist of Cuban timba music, the bass guitarist for the foundational band NG La Banda. Los Hermanos Arango will be in San Diego at Dizzy's on Feb. 6 and San Diego State University on Feb. 12. I think they are at USC some time around Feb. 3 (sorry but I don't know the LA dates; I believe they might also be playing in Long Beach). Los Hermanos Arango play sacred Afro-Cuban folkloric music with funky grooves and improvisation. Because travel between the US and Cuba is still difficult, this is a great opportunity to see a great Cuban bassist.

Attached Files:

2. kdel

kdel

Looks like Feb. 3 at USC and Feb. 4 at Cal State LA.

3. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

Do you know if he's giving any lessons while in LA?
    www.basslessonslosangeles.com

4. kdel

kdel

I don't know if he is giving lessons, but I will message you some contact info to try.

5. Register to disable this ad