1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

curious??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4dog, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 4dog

4dog

Just what pricerange is considered a "starter" bass going for,, i know what i spent for my basses and it seems like they would be considered "starter"basses by most of the TB community,, also when is it consideted to be THE bang for the buck i keep hearing about.
  2. ffutterman

ffutterman Talentless Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Personally, I'd say anything $300 or under is usually a starter bass. These are the ones you learn on until you get good enough to realize how bad they are. Then you get a really nice quality bass and don't care if the old one gets beat up.
  3. 4dog

4dog

Thats good its a start,, cause it seems to me there are some fantastic basses for 4,5 hundred but,, i see people yackin about these starter basses some of which they seem to consider better than tje next step up..anyone else?
  4. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Usually in the $200 to $300 range but there are some basses in that range that play and sound as good as more expensive basses. The Fender Precision and Jazz "Packs" are good for people just starting out because the basses are very playable and they come with an amp, gig bag, strap, cable, headphones, tuner and DVD.