1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Current Schecter Quality Control? From Recent Buyers or Models?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Jan 7, 2014.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

There are several older threads on this topic but I was looking for feedback from people who have bought a Schecter RECENTLY. I used to have a Schecter and LOVED it and now a Diamond Series model has caught my attention. I know the Diamond Series is their main production line, and would like to consider the opinions of others before I perhaps pull the trigger.

2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    I have had 2 Diamond series basses and play a lot of higher end stuff as well.

I have nothing but good things to say about the QC of Schecter.

3. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid

My dad bought a Schecter Raiden 5 string and the thing is a beast. We have an eye for detail and this thing is put together than almost any other $400 bass. Surprisingly muscular tone too.

4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Sounds good so far. I was a little concerned, I read some negative comments in other place online about their guitar QC highly lacking in the Diamond Series and that was for recent models. It got me concerned about their basses.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. therhodeo

therhodeo

I played a Raiden and Stilleto at a local shop recently and both were nice playing well made basses. Especially for the asking price.

7. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    It might and probably need a good set up right away.

I think that comes with any production instrument especially if it has just been sitting in a store or was just shipped to You. All in all, I have nothing bad to say about them.

8. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

There is a Schecter Diamond Series Model T at a local shop that is calling my name. I don't need another bass, but this thing really plays nice. Fit and finish seem perfect.

I own an older Schecter Diamond Series, three American Fenders and an EBMM Stingray. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Schecter based on the one that I've played.

9. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor! Supporting Member

I have a JD Deservio Signature model and all I can tell you is the bass is absolutely spectacular!

The quality, fit and finish are comparable to MIA Fenders and Music Man basses.

The fretwork was perfect. Set up, spot on.

Great tone and something completely unique.

I am happy for sure.

Attached Files:

10. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

I bought a new Dark Cherry Omen Extreme 5 a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect right out of the box. It's one of the models from Schecter's Diamond Series. The QC is as good as if not better than many basses that are three or four times the price.

This isn't my first Schecter 5, which should tell you I like their basses enough to want to own specific models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TD