1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Curriculum

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by iwearpumas, Feb 6, 2014.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Just curious, what made you decide to create the Bass Academy? And how did you create your curriculum?
  2. tony grey

tony grey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi there. It's really something that I thought about from the beginning of my journey with learning the bass.
    I loved writing ideas down to try and help me get to where I wanted to be. In other words I set myself goals and then work backwards to try and find a path to that point.
    After a few years I had gathered a lot of manuscript books with all this material and when I taught privately I would pull these out to teach from.
    The reaction of the student was always "wow you should write a book" So I did and thought what if you could write a book with live support like when you buy a computer or software. You can call someone up and get guidance to troubleshoot your problems. So the Online Academy Idea came about.
    I love teaching and learning. I always felt like I was catching up and I hate that feeling.
    So over time I refined and systematized the material like a college course or at least the ideal college course for me.
    I spent 18 hard months putting this together and I'm so proud of it. It is about to be relaunched to a more refined course after tons of feedback from everyone who has participated.
    I think we have cracked it :)
  3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Awesome. Do you have date for the relaunch?
  4. tony grey

tony grey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi there it's going to take roughly 2 weeks. All current members will be moved over when it's 100% ready.
    It's an unbelievable comprehensive amount of material that nearly killed me :)