1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Curriculum

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by iwearpumas, Feb 6, 2014.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Just curious, what made you decide to create the Bass Academy? And how did you create your curriculum?

2. tony grey

tony grey

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi there. It's really something that I thought about from the beginning of my journey with learning the bass.
    I loved writing ideas down to try and help me get to where I wanted to be. In other words I set myself goals and then work backwards to try and find a path to that point.
    After a few years I had gathered a lot of manuscript books with all this material and when I taught privately I would pull these out to teach from.
    The reaction of the student was always "wow you should write a book" So I did and thought what if you could write a book with live support like when you buy a computer or software. You can call someone up and get guidance to troubleshoot your problems. So the Online Academy Idea came about.
    I love teaching and learning. I always felt like I was catching up and I hate that feeling.
    So over time I refined and systematized the material like a college course or at least the ideal college course for me.
    I spent 18 hard months putting this together and I'm so proud of it. It is about to be relaunched to a more refined course after tons of feedback from everyone who has participated.
    I think we have cracked it :)

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Awesome. Do you have date for the relaunch?

4. tony grey

tony grey

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi there it's going to take roughly 2 weeks. All current members will be moved over when it's 100% ready.
    It's an unbelievable comprehensive amount of material that nearly killed me :)

5. Register to disable this ad