Curved pedal boards?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Caca de Kick, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Do curved pedal board cases exist from any company? Or even a boomerang shaped ones?
    I do a lot of singing and would much rather have my (8 or 9) pedals positioned better/tighter next to the mic stand.
    I've seen the dogbone (kinda small), but I'd rather it be an actual hard case with removable lid.

I figure I'll probably have to build my own board/case, but my singer who's a former cabinet builder thinks that will be a real PITA task, which a 3-angle boomerang will probably be what I'll have to make. I just don't have time for projects.
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I had a boomerang shaped one in the past, was a nice idea but didn't work in practice you end up with a lot of wasted space.

Best way is 3 PT Mini or Nanos ;) or depending on your needs 3 Grande's
  4. Sponsored by:

5. Maybe just make your own board whatever shape you want then just find a case it'll fit in. One of the drummers i used to jam with used a huge skb keyboard case for his hardware.
  6. 8strings0hair

Jan 28, 2011
    Jersey City
    The curved board is a nice idea. But a curved case wouldn't be practical. You wouldn't be able to stack it easily, rest it on its side, etc...
    You're better off getting a curved board (ala Holeyboards) and put it inside a classic rectangular hard case.
  7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    All great idea fellas!

Yeah this is what I had in mind;

or even;

Oh yeah, I'm afraid of that possibly happening too! I'm hoping if the dimensions aren't gargantuan, it *should* still pack okay in the back of the band's truck.
  8. There's a familiar shape! ;)
  9. newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    If you can find an Ikea GORM shelf, find the corner shelves and a straight piece.

3 rectangular boards hooked up with leads between should be a decent enough project/acquisition with little hassle.
  10. Bow case will fix ya up!

11. Room for mods to make it work...

12. To save weight....

13. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Claremont, CA.
    +1 :D