1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Custom Benavente build pics.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fivestringdan, Jun 11, 2012.

1. I never get the opportunity to do this but Chris was gracious to send a few pictures of the neck and fingerboard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When complete it will look like I think the first DCD 7 string!

Purple heart top, birdseye board, swamp ash body.

I am very excited to be owning a Benavente again. Chris is one of the best luthiers in the world and I can't wait.

2. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    Subscribed. I love watching the whole process.

I owned a Bennie once - a Vintage Vortex 5'ver. I sold it. What a stoopid, stoopid mistake.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

The waiting game! The build pics are fun to go back and look at after you have bonded with your custom instrument. Congrats, I hope it brings you much happiness upon its completion. :cool:

5. Same, I had a 219B and loved it. I can't remember why I sold it because it was an unreal instrument. Is that birdseye not sick! Exactly what I wanted.

6. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Dec 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Once yours is done I'll be ordering the second DCD 7 =p

7. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Dec 18, 2008
    Oregon
    He's building me a 7 string fretless scd right now. One at a time =)

8. Ah, he maybe building both in the same batch so we should take delivery around the same time. I'm glad you went with Chris. He is very cool guy and a hell of a builder.

9. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

May 19, 2012
    Nice pictures mate! You sure have a unique bass! Benavente basses are awesome!

10. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Dec 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Yeah I don't imagine I'll ever own another bass brand at this point. a fretted and fretless benavente 7 seems like a pretty unbeatable combo!

11. Aluminum nut? Yeah or nay?

[​IMG]

12. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    I like the look much better than the brass ones he uses (it matches the strings), but does it effect sound/vibration transmission? If not, then go for it.

13. Yeah I think it looks great! Since the bridge is the same material I figured it wouldn't affect the sound in a negative way.

14. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

May 19, 2012
    Looks promising so far!! :hyper: To get back at the aluminum nut : I can't really give an opion about it, since I'm not familiar with it. I do now on the other hand that a brass nut would let the bass sound clearer.

15. I guess we'll have to see when it's complete because I changed the nut to aluminum.

16. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Disclosures:
    Owner of CB BASSES
    That is some nice Birdseye on that fingerboard!

17. I think so too Cliff thanks. :D

I'm a big fan of your instruments please keep up the good work.

18. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Dec 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Hey Dan! I thought I'd ease the pain of waiting and send you some pics of yours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Sick! Thank you Jason!

More pics from Chris.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]