1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Custom Built Hybrid for sale.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by engedi1, Sep 24, 2013.

1. engedi1

engedi1

Beautiful handbuilt double bass for sale. Made by Grant Hull, a luthier from Chattanooga, TN out of 25 year aged wood. This bass is a hybrid, with a carved top and ply sides and back. Is a 3/4 roundback, but is a little bigger, almost a 7/8th size. String scale is 41.25'' It puts out a huge tone and sounds more like a $5000 bass per the guitar player in my jazz combo. It is well setup by William's Fine Violins and is in perfect, ready to gig condition. It has spirocore weich strings that are pretty new and have years of life left on them. Solid ebony fingerboard, graphite endpin, hand-rubbed finish and polish, very much one of a kind. I hate to sell it, but circumstances dictate it. I have over $3000 into this bass, and I am asking $2500 but will consider reasonable offers- I need to move it quickly. PM with questions, local sale only, but will drive a good distance if you are serious. $300 softshell case included along with bow quiver. Click on this link to see pics... http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/k...&page=1&_suid=1380056739402005347870324836418
  2. engedi1

engedi1

Here is pic of the front.

Attached Files: