1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Custom Decals

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KayXero, Dec 30, 2013.

1. KayXero

KayXero

Anyone got any custom decals ? Show em off =)

Once my JPJ bass is completed, Im going to have a custom decal made in the style of the "Squier by Fender"

Itll say "Kay JPJ Dream Bass" (or something similar-ish) on top, with "by SX" underneath in original SX font. And then beside the SX, itll say "Custom Handmade" as typical of SX headstocks.

Im getting the SX hook neck for this project bass to go with the SX body, and Im gonna be proud of what the bass's biggest parts are. Its an SX and I will rock it as such. I will share a mock drawing once the seller has drawn one up for me.
  2. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

I did my own. I did the graphics in Photoshop. Printed it on inkjet waterslide decal paper. Sprayed with a coat of clear lacquer. Cut it out and applied it. Been on there for 3+ years now.

The bass is a Warmoth J body with an Allparts lined fretless ebony board neck.

[​IMG]

I uploaded the same graphics to an eBay seller to have a genuine Fender neck plate custom engraved. That cost about $30.

[​IMG]
  3. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

That's pretty cool, Stu. Dig it!