Custom PG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by icbarbour, Dec 22, 2012.

1. icbarbour

icbarbour

Does anyone know of a pickguard maker within an hour or so drive of central NJ? I would like a mirror PG for an old bass that i would rather not ship.

Thanks in advance.
  2. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

You don't have to ship the bass, just trace out the current pickguard onto a piece of paper and send it to a maker. I've used Jeannies Pickguards for custom makes before and bought a couple for a Lakland. They're very easy to work with.
  3. icbarbour

icbarbour

Problem is, it doesn't currently have a PG........
  4. Tmw2011

Tmw2011 Supporting Member

What kind of bass is it? If it's one of the major companies, places like Jeanies & Pickguardian have the 'standard' templates they can use. You do run the risk of having an odd cavity that isn't completely covered or pg holes that don't line up, but if you're not queesy about drilling, you can easily redrill the holes (fill the old ones first with toothpicks and wood glue and let it dry over night though).
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. icbarbour

icbarbour

It's an Ibanez RS900 from 1980/81. They didn't come with a pickguard but I acquired it used and someone had, apparently, installed one but removed it before they sold/traded it. Lynott played this model for a while and had his trademark mirror PG installed:

Attached Files: