1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Custom pickguard

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by AuBassMan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

I'm trying to find a new pickguard for my American Deluxe Jazz 5 String...post 2010 21 fret model. The only place that seems to offer the material/color that I want is Fender, but they don't/won't make a pickguard with this material for this model.

I've been searching online trying to find this, or even the material so I could try to find someone to cut it for me, but no luck. I can't even remember all the sites I've looked at, but the first several pages of various worded searches. I've sent emails to a couple...wdmusic and Chandler...nobody seems to carry this material but Fender and the rep I talked to there couldn't or wouldn't tell me where they get it from.

So if anybody knows where I can get a pick guard for my bass made of this, or where I might get this material...please let me know. Here's a link to a guard for a 4 string: http://www.music123.com/productDetail/productDetail.jsp?entProductId=361326
  2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

3. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

Close...I'm looking for black with a little red. My bass is trans red, I think the color scheme I'm looking for would look really good on it.
  4. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

5. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

Thanks. I called and spoke to John's wife, nice lady. She's taking over the business, John passed away about 6 months ago. I sent an her email with link...even if she doesn't have the material I'm looking for I'm going to send some biz her way.
  6. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

7. pfox14

pfox14

What material and color do you want? You didn't specify.
  8. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

The material is just red tort
  9. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

I posted a link with a pic of a guard for a 4 string with the material in my OP.
  10. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

Please, if you know where I can buy this material or a guard made with it for my bass let me know. I've searched and searched but I can't find it anywhere.
  11. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have never searched for it to be honest, as I really dislike the looks of it.
  12. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

Ok, thanks for the input.