1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Custom Tim Salas 5 String Fretless Bass (Signed by Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, and V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by HoofHearted94, Aug 8, 2013.

1. HoofHearted94

HoofHearted94

Custom Tim Salas 5 String Fretless Bass (Signed by Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, and Victor Bailey!!!)
    This is an excellent custom bass hand made by San Diego based luthier Tim Salas. It features a Cocobolo top and a Flamed Walnut body with a 1 piece Maple neck-through design. Ebony fingerboard.
    Hardware/electronics include:
    - Black Gotoh Tuners
    - Bartolini Classic Bass (CB) Series Soap Bar Pickups
    - Aguilar OBP-3 active preamp with push/pull Mid Freq
    - Ebony nut
    - Ebony knobs
    - Handmade pickup ramp
    - Black Gotoh 510BR Brass Bass Bridge

I am the second owner of this bass, I bought it from Bass San Diego in California for $1800. I know that Tim had used a Maple Carvin neck blank for this bass, it has a very nice flat/slim profile with his own signature headstock design and "S" inlay. There is a crack in the Cocobolo top that runs along the middle of the bass. The crack is only in the top and does not alter the tone or structural stability of the bass at all. I had the frets of the bass removed a few months ago. I put a set of D'Addario black tapewound strings on it and it plays like a dream. I attended a bass guitar clinic at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA a few Summers ago and took this bass with me. While I was there I had the great pleasure of meeting 3 of the most notable bass players today; Victor Wooten (Solo bassist, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones), Steve Bailey (Solo bassist), and Victor Bailey (Solo bassist, Weather Report). All three of them signed the back of the headstock (I got pictures with them too!) This is an excellent playing/sounding bass guitar that simply doesn't get the attention it deserves. I am open to offers and trades, mostly looking for other high end fretless basses.

I apologize about the lack of pictures, unfortunately I am not technically savvy enough to figure out how to resize them haha. PM me for pics

2. ubado

ubado

What's the specs? (width @ nut, string spacing @ bridge, weight)
    How much are you asking?