Customer service and unintelligible accents, what do you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DwaynieAD, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

No, I didn't get a call center in India. It was that Fargo accent, you know, the one that gets debated whether or not it actually exists. It was so thick I could not understand a single word she said. After struggling to understand for several minutes I politely asked if I could speak to someone else as I couldn't understand her. I was met with hostility and a refusal.

very frustrating as this has to do with me receiving Stock shares.
  2. Root 5

Root 5

" Yaaaaah."
  3. DUC1098

DUC1098

What I usually do is repeat back what it sounded like they said. Most of them get frustrated and hand you over to someone else just so they don't have to deal with you any more.
  4. Chebass88

Chebass88

Perhaps you should move your business to an organization who cares enough about customer service to employ someone who can speak.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jugglingfreak

jugglingfreak

I've never had a problem with accents, I can usually understand them regardless of where they're from or if English is even their first language.

My Mom, on the other hand, can't deal with them. We go to a Mexican restaurant frequently and she can barely understand the waiters. The sad thing is she can speak Spanish fluently. "Really Mom, the two languages they speak are the two you are fluent in and you're asking me for clarification?"

Anyway, your issue reminded me of this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cun-LZvOTdw

I was able to understand what ever one said in the scene the first time I saw it. It's still funny anyway..
  7. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    My stint in grad school cured me of accent confusion. I can understand anyone after a few seconds brain recalibration.

Hilarious about your mom speaking Spanish fluently but not understanding the accent.
  8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Usually I just ragequit and go post on Stormfront for things like that. :ninja:
  9. Steve

Steve

You're a musician. You're deaf to certain frequencies. It's a handicap.

just apologize, tell them you have some sort of hearing frequency handicap just can't really hear certain pitched voices sorry BS and ask to speak to another CSR.
  10. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

my employer chose this organization, they were with a different organization for years and they worked well, never any problems. so now here I am.
  11. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Clearly the only option is to yank yer bootstraps out of there and get another job.

:bag:
  12. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

that's odd they should've let you talk to someone else.

:eek:
  13. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

It's been a month of problems with them and all i'm trying to do is set up my account.

she sounded personally offended when I asked to speak to someone else. CS may not be for her or maybe a bad day, idk, but I've had a bad month dealing with this.
  14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Hahaha the Fargo accent.

I used to talk to Americans in my job and there is only 1 accent that I could pinpoint every single time. Minnesotan.
  15. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Put them on hold until they hang up.
  16. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

We live in a global community now so embracing it and trying to integrate with it
    usually brings positive results, or at least the effort to achieve that.
  17. mellowinman

mellowinman Fun at Really Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Eeeeye no do se waff ze priblem iss? Way nut unhinge theyself and lunch to compromise theeengs they aren't hardester to ken? All the whilst and some of day, I am handed and expected reading semi-gibberish and needed to be needed to be putting right in very highly accurate waxes. Isn't it exercises brain, causes pain, makes it rain, not go too insane? I flibberdy challenge you to make right this acrimonious wedded bliss.
  18. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I'd probably be upset were I the CS rep at the time as well, but still she should've just patched you through. Sheesh.

Maybe he should've watched more Bobby's world :D
  19. stratovani

stratovani

At Walmart we run into all kinds of accents, from run of the mill "pahk the cah at Hahvahd Yahd" types to different variations of the Klingon language. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding people, mainly due to having two loud hot air furnaces hanging from the ceiling, and having the ears of a musician. I mostly just nod and get a stupid look on my face, and they leave me alone. The worse ones are the Asian women, not only is their grasp of English very limited, but their internal volume knob is set at 1! :meh:
  20. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treddle.
  21. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Did you ever think that your PA accent sounds weird to some people too?
    I'll betcha it does...