1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

CV Bridge Drop into an E-Series MIJ P?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ebonalley, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

I recently picked up a medium scale E-series and am interested in switching the bent bridge for one of the CV bridges with brass saddles. I saw a thread for the jazz but nothing on the p. Does anyone know if this will drop in?

2. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

No, the bridge, mounting hoes and string spacing are wider.

3. ebonalley

ebonalley

@#%!, I hate when you get a vision in your head and it can't be reasonably obtained.

4. ebonalley

ebonalley

That is specific to the MIJ? I just got told that the cv bridge will fit on a standard.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Latitude94941

Latitude94941

Hi, ebonalley,

I just went the other direction and switched out the high mass bridge for a bent steel one.

Not a big job (just glue dowels into existing holes and drill new ones). if not comfortable doing it yourself any guitar repair service should be able to do it for you.

If you're interested in the Squier high mass bridge I just pulled, please PM me and I can make you a good deal on it (please forgive me if I'm breaking any forum rules by saying this).

7. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

As I said, it is not drop in, plug and play.

8. ebonalley

ebonalley

Thanks tbird. Do you happen to have measurements from the edges of the external holes?