1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

CWB 20: Babes and Barbarians

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by DerTeufel, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerTeufel

DerTeufel Supporting Member

Continued from here

I hope this ain't pushing the limits of the rules

[​IMG]
  2. BassGen

BassGen Supporting Member

Holy Hanna! (Tell me her name is Hanna?)

Woot! We're into Babes and Barbarians!
  3. DerTeufel

I don't know her name..I just googled chick with bass and found that picture. Hot babe with a signature FM bass..further explanation isn't needed :D
  4. Mulebagger

Mulebagger Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, DR Strings
    Woot Woot!! in at the top :)

I'll throw this back in for any interested.

Hey all, did some craptastic videos for DT last night ( late late last night ) so he could hear how the Aguilar TH500 sounds. I played my Butterfly and also my daughter's Squire Jag for comparison.

Don't mind the ramblings, it wasn't a well planned adventure. I basically wanted to show how the head is able to easily handle a range of sounds, especially going from warm to more biting.

Hope they don't upset any one's dinner
    MB

I paused in the first one because I saw my camera blink so I thought it died ;-/

Peace,
    Derrick
  5. Mulebagger

Disclosures:
    PA, thank you for the kind words :) I'd have to say though, that 9 out of 10 times or maybe 99 out of 100 I wouldn't get a second look on stage. You on the other hand would have to point to the other people in your band once in a while for the crowd to look over at them.

I am feeling a bit better about the Fodera. It picked up some indescribable mojo after FM held it. Hope it never wears off. I haven't washed it yet.

That little Jaguar is quite a fun bass. I built a custom pedal board for my guitar player and he gave it to me for my daughter. She loves it. Best thing is that it weighs only 6 lbs. Wicked fun player and sounds pretty good.

Can't go wrong with the Aguilar gear no matter your style.
  6. PassivAggressiv

PassivAggressiv Supporting Member

Yeah, everything has better mojo after FM's had her hands on it. I'm pretty sure there's a stripper out there somewhere who is refusing to wash a little spot on his 6-pack abs.

I can't speak for the average audience member, but you would have me drooling for sure... Truly mesmerizing.

No doubt your daughter will be playing the hell out of that thing soon if she doesn't already. With your genes and guidance, she can't go wrong. :bassist:
  7. PassivAggressiv

PassivAggressiv Supporting Member

Not to mention the cute little pooch. :)
  8. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

I'm in...deal
  9. DerTeufel

10. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

If you look closely you might notice the color brown in this picture.
  11. BassGen

Oh yeah, there was a Bass in that pic and it was that famous Shechter (gotta find me on I'd them). Now that you mention it there is a bottle of Jack too so it's Chick with Bass and Bourbon.
  12. BassGen

DT does SO not want to hear that this tune was used for a beer commercial years ago here in Canada!

Your our kind of beer
    Your a great tasting beer
    Say O V when the good times are here....

(Old Vienna beer commercial recalled from my youth).

I suspect the tune has had other titles?
  13. Mulebagger

Disclosures:
  14. Mulebagger

Disclosures:
    PA ur so sweet. Thanks ;) honestly I owe most of my mojo for the show that FM saw to the life saving bag of combos she so generously gave me. I was so hungry!!!!!
  15. chuck3

chuck3

hi all - next gig up is a purely acoustic gig, a benefit gig at a place with truly great natural acoustics. no amps.

so I'm ogling all these amps and stuff - and beating the crap out of my hands on the upright practicing. especially for one song that's in F# - try playing a rockabilly song in F# on upright - you're slapping alright.

we had hurricane sandy and then a big nor'easter snowstorm in short order. all fine at the C3 house but a lot of people in NYC, Long Island and NJ, not so much.

lovin' all the crazy chicks around here ...
  16. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

I have a Schecter C-4 XXX just like that, I refer to it as my Furry Monkey Signature model since she had one first.
  17. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Tonight I had practice with Bob for Feral. After we finished practice for our acoustic gig with me on hand percussion I strapped on my Jazz bass and he used my Strat clone (Peavey Predator). We played some blues for about an hour. I loved it.

Later I drove over to where an open jam was and hung out a bit.
  18. Mulebagger

Disclosures:
    That sounds pretty taxing on the hands C3. maybe hide a small amp in the bass :)
  19. DerTeufel

The aria for the Marine's Hymn was taken from the french opera "Genevieve de Brabant"

20. DerTeufel

Sweet!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.