Cyclists on dope...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EricF, Feb 1, 2013.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

The Netherlands?
  3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

The rider.

Like I said, you kind of need to know the sport and the players. Finding out that Michael Rasmussen used preformance enhancing drugs for his whole career is not much of a surprise. The fact that he never tested positive is ANOTHER clear indicator that the testing procedures were far less sophisticated than the doping technology.
  4. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Dope pedalers?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spade2you

spade2you

Operacion Pueto trials are now JUST starting. :eyebrow:

I think Fuentes wanted to tell a judge about all of the Spanish athletes he was treating and wasn't allowed to do so. :eyebrow:

A-Rod used PEDs.

Good thing we have Lance to focus on.
  7. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

:D...:D....:D

don't know why, but when i saw this i just thought of The Tubes:

WHITE PUNKS ON DOPE

http://youtu.be/kP8nGNbk7oQ

[​IMG]
  8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Shouldn't this go in the MTB thread? :ninja:

So does the Chicken retract the "I was cheating on my wife!" story?
  9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Cyclists have been on dope for over a century. They all are. If they're not they don't win.
    How this would come as a surprise for anyone is beyond me.
  10. elgecko

elgecko

You beat me to it! :spit:
  11. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Was more a joke about being on dope and cycling :p
  12. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

/thread
  13. Simo98

Simo98

Personally I'm hoping that the exposure of this whole doping thing will help to bring about a paradigm shift in the way people see drugs, that they're not just necessarily for treating sick people, or for recreational purposes, but can actually be used as a tool to aid people in accomplishing things when used correctly.
  14. spade2you

spade2you

They're still not healthy or without risk. If they were perfectly safe for athletes to use, they'd be legal.
  15. Simo98

Simo98

Neither is all the special dieting and stuff they do, nor is participating in sports generally on a long term scale. And think of the improvements that could be made through research and development funded by the multi-billion dollar industry that is commercial sport, it's because the demand is kept underground that large scale research and improvement can't take place.

Many professional athletes are left with numerous life effecting injuries simply from the wear and tear on their bodies as a result of what they do with their life, I don't see how taking drugs is any different? Sport is risky business, and takes it's toll, athletes take a lot of risks and make a lot of sacrifices to get where they are regardless.

As has been shown, many athletes are taking performance enhancers already (within cycling at least, although I know that many amature rugby players on steroids it's not funny), I think they'd just be able to make them safer and better if we had a slightly different outlook on them.

There are classes of drugs being researched, largely under pseudo-legal circumstances that could do a lot of good, not just for helping people who are sick or disadvantaged, but that can be used as tools to allow people to perform better or more effectively. From physical performance enhancers, to drugs that enhance memory and cognitive ability, enhancing your ability to process and store information, or think laterally.

It's a somewhat controversial view, but I believe it's one that's often overlooked. You can give Ritalin/Adderall etc. to a child against their will to help them concentrate at school, and many people would consider that a good thing, yet a medical student isn't allowed to purchase the exact same drug, by choice, to help them concentrate for exactly the same purpose? Seems a little silly if you ask me.
  16. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

That's for sure, it isn't healthy to ride a bike for 150 miles daily during a month.
  17. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Another major player from the Armstrong-era comes clean...Michael Boogerd
  18. elgecko

elgecko

How about an "Open Class" for pro cycling? Doping with impunity! The climbing would be awesome!
  19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

A "fully-modified" division! Hyper-light machines with every available aerodynamic advantage are legal, too.

Rule 1 - You must cross the finish line alive. Prize money will be sent to next-of-kin.
  20. elgecko

elgecko

^ I'd totally watch that!
  21. 4dog

4dog

Dope dope dope dope dope dope doper doper doper doper doper doping doping doping doping doping doping doping dope dope dope dope dope:hyper::bag::bas:eek:sist::help::crying::bawl::eyebrow: stupid.