1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

D-Tar Equinox

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EdwardofHuncote, Dec 21, 2013.

1. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    I have a D-Tar Equinox preamp/parametric eq/notch filter that's acting really strange. When the power is connected, the green power-on indicator doesn't come on, but the red input gain clip light stays on. When I disconnect the power, the red clip warning led goes out but the green led glows for just a second.

And obviously, the preamp isn't working. :(

Realizing it's a long shot, but this thing is essential for shaping my upright tone for hi-gain situations. Hate to buy another if it can be fixed. Anybody else seen this?

2. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    *Update*

An electronic-savvy bud tells me it sounds like the "power rail" is bad.

I know as much about electronics as he does about playing bass... so, anyone here know if that is a replaceable part?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Sending back to D-Tar for repairs... hopefully this will be covered by warranty. Either way, this is a critically important piece of gear for amplifying the upright bass. Gotta have it.

5. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Finally got around to this... (where did Spring go?!) so an update is in order.

I gotta put in a nice plug for Marc "Boomer" Bobonic at Seymour Duncan. (also a bassist!) Dude went over and above to help me trouble-shoot my preamp from cross-country. Turns out it's gotta go back after all, but I feel better knowing at least somebody is looking after it that knows how critical gear is.

:cool:

FedEx is picking it up in the morning.

6. EdwardofHuncote

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Received the repaired Equinox today. Apparently fixed under warranty. :)

Thanks to Boomer and the rest of the gang at D-Tar/Seymour-Duncan!

7. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    Glad you got it all worked out. I have a Solstice and it's been an audio swiss army knife for me for the last 6 years. For bass, guitar, kick drum, or whatever else needs a mic pre, a little EQ, mixing, etc. Great people behind D-TAR.

EdwardofHuncote likes this.