D-Tar Equinox

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EdwardofHuncote, Dec 21, 2013.

1. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote Supporting Member

I have a D-Tar Equinox preamp/parametric eq/notch filter that's acting really strange. When the power is connected, the green power-on indicator doesn't come on, but the red input gain clip light stays on. When I disconnect the power, the red clip warning led goes out but the green led glows for just a second.

And obviously, the preamp isn't working. :(

Realizing it's a long shot, but this thing is essential for shaping my upright tone for hi-gain situations. Hate to buy another if it can be fixed. Anybody else seen this?
  2. EdwardofHuncote

*Update*

An electronic-savvy bud tells me it sounds like the "power rail" is bad.

I know as much about electronics as he does about playing bass... so, anyone here know if that is a replaceable part?
  3. EdwardofHuncote

Sending back to D-Tar for repairs... hopefully this will be covered by warranty. Either way, this is a critically important piece of gear for amplifying the upright bass. Gotta have it.
  4. EdwardofHuncote

Finally got around to this... (where did Spring go?!) so an update is in order.

I gotta put in a nice plug for Marc "Boomer" Bobonic at Seymour Duncan. (also a bassist!) Dude went over and above to help me trouble-shoot my preamp from cross-country. Turns out it's gotta go back after all, but I feel better knowing at least somebody is looking after it that knows how critical gear is.

:cool:

FedEx is picking it up in the morning.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EdwardofHuncote

Received the repaired Equinox today. Apparently fixed under warranty. :)

Thanks to Boomer and the rest of the gang at D-Tar/Seymour-Duncan!
  7. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    Glad you got it all worked out. I have a Solstice and it's been an audio swiss army knife for me for the last 6 years. For bass, guitar, kick drum, or whatever else needs a mic pre, a little EQ, mixing, etc. Great people behind D-TAR.
    EdwardofHuncote likes this.